Sunday, May 30, 2010

Trust if you dare

I sit, listening to the piano playing on my iPod, dreaming dreams that never were; day dreams.  I have day dreams all the time.  So often, it can be hard to tell what's real and what's artificial.  I like it that way.  Although, it makes concentrating a little difficult.

Today I was day dreaming, thinking about Trust. 

What is trust?  To me, it's that feeling in the pit of your stomach or the depths of your heart - the one you believe in no matter what. 

What makes me trust someone?  Experience and gut feeling. 

Is that what makes everyone trust?  I don't know, but I am definitely a little more leery of trust than others. 

Why?  Well, people are selfish in nature and tend to be self gratifying.  Which makes them less trustworthy in my mind.  I will give anyone the benefit of doubt, but I still hold back at least a little (self preservation).

Part of learning to live is learning to trust.  If you can't trust someone, then there's probably a reason.  Look at the real reason and ask yourself if it's worth not trusting them.  Think hard.  Not trusting someone can cost you.  Not trusting yourself can cost you more.

Live to learn my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment