Saturday, January 30, 2010

Recognize the Deserving

Today, like any normal Saturday, I was cleaning the dishes and had one of those random thoughts I just couldn't shake; I love my hubby.  I think that's rather obvious, or I wouldn't have married him, but let me explain a little of this random thought.

This morning Hubby vacuumed the living room, took the dirty laundry downstairs, cleaned some of the dishes in the sink, and filled the dishwasher - without being asked.  Of course, I had to go back and rearrange the dishes so they fit better, but he did a wonderful job.  He always does. 

Lately, I've been a bit under the weather and my hubby (who can't boil water) has managed to cook me an excellent dinner, brought me medicine, and basically catered to my every whim.  Today, while I was finishing up the dishes he didn't get to, I realized how much I really appreciate his generosity and willingness to make me happy.  Not every guy is like him.

Hold on, my dog needs something and I must cater to her every whim.  Ok not to worry, hubby came down and took care of her when he heard me get up.  Isn't he great?

I think it's important to recognize people when they do good things.  So here's to my hubby who is: a great guy, always trying to make people happy, and always doing the right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment