Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Secrets Secrets Are No Fun?

Remember that song from The Little Rascals "We've Got a Dollar"?


Instead of we've got a dollar; I've got a secret hey hey, hey hey, which started me thinking about secrets.  To put it mildly, don't they suck?

Secrets are truly a double edged sword.  You feel an immense release of pressure when you finally tell the secret, but then guilty for telling.  Unfair!  I know, I know...life isn't always fair.  Then, why do people tell secrets?  Because we are inately selfish creatures.  Duh! We want to feel the release of pressure.  So we tell our secrets, and our secrets are retold (by other pressure releasing selfish creatures), and so on and so forth...

Before you know it, your secret is no longer a secret!  Can you believe it?  Your precious (my precious) secret that you wanted to keep is no longer only yours.  Outrageous!


What should you do with your secrets?  Keep them!  Find a safe place out of reach of inately selfish creatures where you can store your precious secrets. 

Where does that leave me and my secret?  Safe...in a book ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment