Saturday, January 2, 2010

Living in the Moment

Ah yes, another new year.  As with each passing year, I get a bit nostalgic.  I look back at where I've been (not too many places) and what I've done (surprisingly a lot considering the previous side note).  I think of how each year I think I am older and more mature, and yet each year I think I'm as mature as I'm going to get.  I guess some things don't change.

I've already told you that I like movies.  I find teen romance movies quiet enduring.  The promise of love and everything it holds and how nothing beats living in the moment, which is true.  Nothing does beat living in the moment.  As we get older, we lose this.  We have too many responsibilities and we lose that hope.  Living in the moment (LITM) is the best part of being young.  Yes, the consequences exist, but they don't matter as much as what I currently feel.


LITM is what older people often discourage.  Jumping off cliffs (New Moon reference) to hear a loved one's voice, drinking poison (Romeo and Juliet) because your loved one is dead, or being with someone even when you can't save them (A Walk to Remember) - these are all things that come from LITM.  These are all things done out of love.
So what does all this mean??

It means that I hope you LITM.  Life is a series of moments strung together by opportunities.  Treat each opportunity like it is something to be treasured, because you never know when you'll have another. 

LITM is freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment